Principle Function/Position Overview:
The Lead Pastor will be a man called of God and set apart to the gospel ministry, evangelical in theology in accordance with the statement of faith. Also, to be committed to living and serving in a manner consistent with the standards set forth in Scripture for such a leader. The Lead Pastor must be a man who exemplifies a godly character, is compassionate in recognizing and meeting the needs of others, and demonstrates a high level of competency.
Beavercreek, Ohio has a population of over 46,000, with excellent schools and is located near Wright Patterson Air Force Base. The Fairfield Commons Mall and The Greene offer many great shopping and dining opportunities. With amenities like the bike path that runs through Beavercreek, the many outdoor parks, and community family activities, Beavercreek is an attractive place to live and raise a family.
The Lead Pastor will equip, educate, and edify the church by:
- Praying for and protecting the spiritual integrity of the church and the teaching ministry.
- Proclaiming the gospel of Jesus Christ, teaching the biblical revelation, engaging in pastoral care ministries, and providing oversight in all areas of church life and the ministerial staff.
- Develop sermons and sermon series and provide sound biblical expository.
- Preaching/teaching with relevant application on Sunday mornings.
- Potentially teach on Wednesday evenings throughout the year.
- Overseeing and leading staff and church as a leader among peers.
- Encouraging staff development and ensuring ministerial staff have the resources necessary to fulfill their duties and responsibilities.
- Work with church leadership to cast and communicate the vision for the church.
- Provide basic Biblical counseling to members of the church and others in the community, and refer to licensed counselors as needed.
- Passionate about reaching young people and young families.
- Be a discipler of and evangelist for the people within and without our church walls.
- Conduct weddings and funerals of church members.
- Visit members in the hospital or shut-ins with the help of the deacons and church members.
- Have a heart of worship and a passion for placing God at the center of every ministry, program, and service provided by the church.
- Set an example in stewardship of our resources, facility, finances and time.
- A born again disciple of Jesus Christ, as evidenced by the fruit of a growing relationship with Christ.
- Maintains a vital and growing personal walk with the Lord through committed Bible study, prayer, and meditation.
- Gives evidence of a call to Christian ministry.
- Ordained minister of the Gospel.
- By the grace of God, meets the qualifications for a church leader from 1 Timothy 3:1-13 and Titus 1: 6-9.
- Supports the statements and Biblical positions of The Baptist Faith & Message.
- Currently affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention.
- Prefer a Masters of Divinity degree, preferably from a Southern Baptist seminary.
- Prefer at least five years of experience as a Pastor.
- Must be comfortable using technology to teach and reach others.
- Willing to tackle controversial issues.
- Willing to partner with congregations and Pastors of like faith in the community.
- Experience with new Christians, young adults and teens, children and new families preferred.
- Exhibits spiritual gifts for ministry, talents and personality traits that will enhance the church’s ministry, and appropriate training and experience in ministry.
- Strong and effective communicator who draws others to Christ.
- Able to develop a vision for the church.
- Servant leader who has a love for families and a passion for evangelism (locally and globally).
- Committed to the importance of the process of disciple-making.
- Ability to be flexible, and balance many responsibilities simultaneously.