- Serve as Head of Staff, moderate Church Board and congregational meetings.
- Create, direct and oversee the various worship services of the church.
- Preparation of well – structured, biblically based weekly sermons/worship. Senior pastor is expected to preach the vast majority of the year. The Senior Pastor will be responsible for the schedule, inviting guest preachers at an average of once per quarter and the overall teaching agenda.
- Establish contact and facilitate relationships and connections with community, other organizations, other church leaders, and public at large to foster a community presence on behalf of church.
- Lead, design and coordinate services in cooperation with the Music Ministry Leader.
- Provide strategic leadership and vision.
- Review, assess and support church programs and activities.
- Identify and resolve structural, organizational or operational issues with sensitivity, openness, love and good humor.
- Evaluate existing church ministries and programs and act as a resource person for program development.
- Coordinate visitation of members with staff, Elders and Deacons in a timely fashion.
- Coordinate with staff the performance of weddings, funerals and baptisms along with all other staff functions and responsibilities.
- Welcome visitors and coordinate follow up of church visitors with staff.
- Create an atmosphere of fellowship and harmony within the church.
- Have a sound concept of fiscal responsibility and stewardship.
- Expected to work at minimum 40-50 hours per week for full time compensation.
- Time includes sermon preparation, attendance at church activities to include Sunday school, Sunday worship, monthly Board meetings, weekly staff meetings, staff management, meetings with committee and activity leaders, member visitation, community activities and other activities as afforded by the Pastor’s calendar. It is expected that such time will be accounted for on an “honor system” where the Senior Pastor will function with full independence. Such liberty is based on a trust relationship with a high level of integrity and will be granted such until otherwise deemed necessary by the Elder Board to be altered.
- Degree from an accredited Seminary College or University.
- Preferred 7 years pastoral experience.
- Proven Leadership skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication, conflict management, and computer skills.
- Preferred to have strong writing, creative abilities and computer savvy
- Proven experience in working in a diverse multicultural environment with success
- Meet qualifications according to I Timothy 3 and Titus I.
- Must be willing to live in parsonage provided by the church.
- Provide a cover letter, resume highlighting at least 7 years of pastoral experience, other experience, education and also provide a doctrinal statement not exceeding 3 pages.
- Demonstrate proven experience in multicultural settings
- Must be able to pass multiple required background checks and investigations
- References will be requested if you are selected to be considered a candidate
Send resumes and inquiries to email@example.com