One of the best ways to make a difference in the world is to lead the next generation to Christ! If you are called to student ministry, have a passion to lead, and have experience working with students in the local church, we may be looking for you.
New Work Fellowship, located in Hopkinsville, Kentucky, is currently searching for a Student Pastor who will play a vital role in the vision of the church.
Church Leadership Qualification:
Assuming the role of a church leader requires one to manifest Christ-like servant-leadership and devotion to the church both in one’s performance of responsibilities and in one’s general relationships within the church. The reality of leadership is that the leader is expected to set the standard for others. These leadership expectations include, but are not limited to:
• Exhibiting joy in service.
• Exhibiting an approachable demeanor.
• Demonstrating a willingness to serve those whom we ask to serve.
• Supporting ministries/activities of the church by one’s visible involvement and
• Developing “360-leadership”: submitting oneself to coaching, mentoring, and receiving
direction; and investing the same in those who serve with you.
• Responsible directly to the Teaching Pastor, ultimately to the Lead Pastor.
New Work Fellowship
• A church committed to reaching every man, woman, and child so they may have the
opportunity to know Christ, grow in Christ, and go in the name of Christ.
• Contemporary/Modern worship style currently running three Sunday morning services.
• Growing Southern Baptist Church with a diverse congregation and a regional reach.
• Elder and Pastor led. Elders are committed to the development, spiritual growth, and
health of the Pastoral Team.
• A Pastoral Team that is unified and committed to lead well, serve the congregation,
and the local community. As a team, we strive to be biblically serious and spiritually alive.
• New Work Fellowship (NWF) is a great place to serve as a Pastor and raise a family!
NWF Student Ministry
• Weekly programming with 50-70 students attending Wednesday night youth
worship and Sunday morning small groups.
• Committed group of adult volunteers.
• Well attended fellowships and outreach events.
• Engaged in local and international missions.
• One Year-round intern and one Summer intern.
• Small City located in Western Kentucky.
• The economy is based on agriculture, industry, medical, and professional
• Many outdoor recreation options such as a local “rails to trails” and the
Land Between the Lakes National Recreation Area.
• Large city amenities close by (Clarksville and Nashville, Tennessee).
The Ideal Student Pastor Candidate:
• Will be a growing Christian.
• Will have experienced a specific call to Student Ministry.
• Will preferably have a seminary degree.
• Will be a gifted communicator.
• Will have experience leading student ministry in a local church setting.
• Will have the ability to develop leaders.
• Will be a good cultural fit at New Work Fellowship.