Full Time Salary commensurate with Education and Experience. The primary purpose of this position is to develop, direct, and oversee the music ministries of Rutledge Falls Baptist Church. As we seek to make disciples and proclaim Christ to all people, this pastoral position requires the individual to serve not only as a music leader, but also as a shepherd to God’s people who serve in this area of ministry, as well as to the entire congregation.
- Plan, schedule, lead, and coordinate (in conjunction with the Senior Pastor) Christ-exalting music for all worship services by choosing songs that will engage the congregation and support the preaching of God’s Word.
- Encourage all generations in the church by recruiting, teaching and training musicians/singers to serve the Lord in the areas where they are gifted.
- Coordinate and direct rehearsals for the music ministries of the church.
- Cultivate a Christ-centered community within all areas of responsibility.
- Attend weekly staff meetings and participate in the planning and implementation of church ministry and programs aligned with the vision and mission statement of the church for the betterment of the congregation as well as the community.
- Organize, administer, and manage all areas of the worship ministry.
- Provide inspiration, leadership, and encouragement for participation in God-honoring music ministries of the church: adult, youth, and children.
- Actively participate in church outreach, prayer meetings and visitation ministries.
- Be responsible for the care, upkeep, organization, and inventory of all church musical equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Senior Pastor.
- Be a believer in Jesus Christ with a genuine, vibrant and growing relationship with Him.
- Meet the qualifications of a pastor as described in 1 Timothy 3 & Titus 1
- Have a desire to disciple and live the Gospel for the glory of God.
- Be committed to moral purity and maintain moral and ethical standards and practices as evidenced in Scripture.
- Have theological views compatible with the Baptist Faith and Message, with a desire for continued growth and maturity as a godly person through prayer and study of God’s Word.
- Honor others by communicating effectively and professionally in all circumstances.
- Be able to work as a team player with the pastor and other staff members.
- Be a self-starter and self-motivated because of your relationship with Christ.
- Be interested and willing to engage people of all ages.
- Actively participate in a Sunday School class on Sunday mornings.
- Be able to lead worship with an instrument.
- Can read and direct both choral and instrumental music.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or seminary degree with musical emphasis.
- Licensed/Ordained Minister