Description of Position:
· The Worship Leader is a part-time staff member responsible for planning and coordinating all musical elements of worship gatherings, leading music for worship for Sunday morning services, leading the worship team during rehearsals, and encouraging and developing new musicians.
· The Worship Leader will work with the staff to facilitate an environment for people to experience God week in and week out.
· This position also provides an opportunity for you to grow musically, technically, and as a leader. You will also be able to work with a designated senior leader to help define the worship style for our church as we desire to encounter the presence of God every time we worship.
· Create Church KC is a multi-ethnic and multi-generational church with a desire to provide a safe and welcoming environment where believers can grow in relationship with Christ and each other.
· A follower of Jesus who is fully committed to cultivating an overflowing inner life with Him, is actively involved in the life of the church, and demonstrates servant leadership by promoting others above self in the church.
· Must uphold and support the core values of Create Church KC and commit to the mission and vision of the church as well.
· Proficient in guitar or piano and vocal performance.
· Proficient in leading a worship team in a congregational setting.
Willing and able to recruit, equip, and lead a diverse team.
· Interpersonal and organization skills to lead a group and be led. The ability to give and receive direction with grace and mercy.
· Basic computer literacy.
· Willingness to learn and grow spiritually, musically, and as a leader.
· Proficiency in scheduling, planning, and organization.
· Providing overall leadership to our Worship Ministry including existing instrumentalists and vocalists.
· Recruit, equip, and develop musicians according to their gifting and skillsets
· Work with the teaching team on service planning.
· Arrive one hour before service to rehearse, prepare screens, and complete a sound check.
Details & Benefits:
· Reports to Senior Leadership Team, Regular Meetings with the designated Leadership Team representative
· Estimated hours per week: 7-10 hours
· Compensation: $100/week stipend to start. Stipend rate subject to change as growth occurs in the church body.