Education: Four-year ministry degree from an accredited Restoration Movement college.
The Ideal Candidate: Has a heart for discipleship, prioritizes relationships, equips and delegates, is confident in his ability to teach God’s Word, is willing to be mentored, is able to grow in the role as the church grows, adapts well to change, handles conflict well, and gives wise counsel.
Focus: Oversight of Ministries for students (6-12 Grade) & young adults (18-25). Although the primary focus of this position will be discipling the older students and equipping volunteers, this person will also be expected to engage with young adults, the younger children, and our Christian Chapel Daycare families. This person must embrace the mission and vision of the church.
Accountability: The Youth & Young Adult Minister is accountable to the Senior Minister. The Senior Minister will make recommendations to the elders and church board concerning salary, benefits, hiring, discipline, dismissal, and staff conflict resolution. Final responsibility and authority for these matters rests with the elders.
Serve as an equipping minister according to the model for ministry found in Ephesians. This person will work alongside and equip other Christians to use their God given talents and gifts to fulfill the mission to which Christ has called us.
Youth Ministry (Grades 6-12)
This person will assist in all areas of youth ministry as needed and where his gifts and abilities are strongest to:
- Build and maintain relationships with the youth.
- Oversee the youth ministry volunteers.
- Recruit, develop, and mentor youth to serve through the application of Scripture.
- Lead weekly youth groups.
- Accompany the youth group to CIY (Christ In Youth Conference) and/or summer camp each year.
- Coordinate with the missions ministry to provide an annual mission trip opportunity for the youth.
- Follow up with all youth guests.
- Connect with area schools and families in the community.
- Organize additional youth group activities throughout the year in order to build relationships in the church and community.
- Counsel the youth and their families as needed.
- Work alongside the rest of the ministry staff and the Children’s Education Chair.
Young Adult Ministry (ages 18-25)
- Build and maintain relationships with the young adults.
- Develop an appropriate discipleship ministry such as Growth Groups and/or Sunday School and coordinate with the Adult Education Chair.
- Encourage application of Scripture through serving.
- Plan a quarterly young adult event in order to build relationships in the church and community.
Counsel young adults as needed.
- Participate in hospital ministry as needed.
- Connect with guests, members, and people in the community.
- Write a ministry report for the monthly board meeting and church.
- Assist in worship services as needed.
- Assist the Senior Minister as needed.
Other responsibilities may be added as needed.
For more information or to apply for this position, please email a resume to Elder Bruce Handtke.