Surrounded by cattle ranches and agriculture, Memorial Baptist Church is a very diversified and grace-driven church. God has blessed us tremendously with recent growth. In order to deal faithfully with the growth God has given us, we are prayerfully looking for the person(s) God provides to lead us in two specific areas of ministry.
We are seeking an experienced individual(s) with a clear calling to our church who will lead and organize our Youth and Music Ministries. These ministry programs integrate fellowship, worship, biblical teaching, discipleship, and evangelism in all activities. This position will report directly to the Senior Pastor and the deacons. The applicant should demonstrate a personal and growing relationship with God, a teachable spirit, and a healthy family life. They must be a Spirit‐led follower of Jesus Christ, demonstrate an ever-deepening personal relationship with Him through spiritual disciplines, and exhibit a passion for youth and music ministries.
Pastor of Youth (60%-70%)
1. Conduct youth (grades 6-12) Bible studies on Wednesday evenings.
2. Plan and schedule at least monthly youth fellowships and activities throughout the year.
3. Communicate at least monthly with the youth and parents through email, social networking, phone, and personal visits.
4. Support school activities as an outreach and connection effort with the youth, without detracting from your main responsibilities.
5. Plan strategically to reach, make, and maintain connections with the youth.
6. Work with the pastor as a team player in planning and implementing ministry activities.
7. Be available upon request for youth and their families for counseling and visits.
8. Possess an evangelistic heart and regularly share the gospel through leading youth in outreach ministry, mission efforts and service projects.
9. Promote an environment where youth feel connected to each other as a church family.
10. Evaluate and prepare an annual youth budget.
11. Facilitate a minimum of 12 hours weekly in the office with coordination of the Lead Pastor.
12. Develop a plan to eventually break the Youth Group into Junior High (6-8 Grade) and Senior High (9-12 Grade) programs.
13. Develop and equip adults to assist in the ministering of our youth (Eph. 4).
14. Hold an event at least twice a year to meet with the parents of the youth for the sole purpose of communication of upcoming events. Allowing for parents to present their ideas, suggestions, or concerns.
15. Lead our youth on mission trips (can be done in conjunction with the pastor and adults).
16. Encourage our youth to attend camps and conferences when available.
17. Participate in Monday school lunches and present a devotional or coordinate with youth group for them to present the devotional.
18. Plan and lead special holiday events (Community Outreach).
19. Perform other duties as required and requested by the Lead Pastor.
Music Minister (30%-40%)
1. Serve as music leader in all worship services, typically seeking a “blended” approach to music selection (both hymns and contemporary).
2. Direct all weekly activities and rehearsals necessary to facilitate worship in services, activities, and special events.
3. Plan major seasonal and/or outreach cantatas/musicals/dramas one or two times per year. Find and plan other ways to use music and drama to reach out to the community evangelistically.
4. Oversee media preparation, presentation, sound, and lighting.
5. Prepare the worship service for Sunday services at least one full week in advance to give time for musicians to rehearse and the technology crew to plan for the service.
6. Maintain our CCLI license.
7. Maintain our church website.
8. Enlist people to sing special music and play offertory.
9. Discern and recruit musical talent within MBC.
10. Maintain the music budget.
11. Oversee maintenance of all musical instruments owned by church.
1. Growing and devout personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Live out the requirements as described in 1 Tim 3 and Titus 1.
3. Exemplify what it means to live out a grace motivated and empowered life.
4. Personable and reliable team player who displays flexibility and humility.
5. Committed to being a Godly parent and spouse (if applicable) (Colossians 3:19 & Ephesians 6:4).
Qualifications / Skills:
1. Able to clearly communicate a personal testimony of conversion experience and show evidence of a personal relationship with Christ.
2. A growing Christian faith and character.
3. Possess necessary musical and vocal ability to lead worship.
4. Proficient in at least one instrument, preferably keyboard or drums (strongly preferred).
5. Experience in leading worship gatherings (preferred).
6. Experience in Music Ministry (preferred).
7. Experience in communicating God’s Word to gatherings of students.
8. Skilled in organization, administration, and interpersonal relationships.
9. Self‐motivated and able to work without close supervision.
10. Experience in leading Youth Ministry (preferred).
11. Seminary Graduate (preferred) or be in the process of completing a bible college/seminary degree.
12. Married – family committed to the ministry of the church (preferred).
13. Broad knowledge of Christian worship.
14. A desire to serve Christ and love people.
15. Must be in doctrinal agreement with the Baptist faith and message.
16. Must be in doctrinal agreement with the Memorial Baptist Church Statement of Faith and By-Laws.
17. Must be fingerprinted locally and pass a background check.
1. Updated resume
2. Three references (2 professional, 1 personal)
3. Testimony (statement of faith)
4. Provide access to examples of musical and/or musical leading abilities
1. Respond with the above documents to the email.
2. Candidate resumes will start being reviewed on October 1, 2021. An emailed notice of receipt will be reciprocated confirming applicant submission.
3. Application process will close on September 30, 2021.
Work Location: Wheatland, Wyoming 82201
Typical Schedule: Sunday – Thursday with at least 12 hours of office time and flexible after hours and/or weekend hours
Compensation: Annual salary commensurate with experience and education
Vacation: 2 weeks paid vacation annually, 3 weeks after 5 years